Please consult this page regularly for updates
Once your application has been approved by both your home university and Université Paul-Valéry (HIPC), you will need to go through these procedures before coming to Montpellier:
1) Moveonline: you have to fill in the Moveonline Registration by April 15 for the Fall semester and Full year, by October 1 for the Spring semester. This will complete your application and generate your acceptance letter.
Please register here
ATTENTION: there may be a small problem with the generation process when submitting the registration. You will receive an email confirming that you have completed and submitted your registration even though the generating process message goes on.
Documents (to be found and uploaded on the Moveonline procedure)
A) The safety deposit reimbursement form, filled in by your bank in your home country, except for the box in grey to be left blank.
Handwritten safety deposit reimbursement form will be rejected.
B) The W9 Form is a document asked by the US government for the opening of your French bank account. Use this form only if you are a US person (including a resident alien) to provide your correct TIN. It is mandatory for the pre-opening of the French bank account.
2) Interlog: Interlog is the housing registration process. You will have one month to complete the procedure (deadline for the Fall semester and Full year: June 15 and December 1 for the Spring semester). This procedure is complete when you have paid, online, a safety deposit (“Caution”) of about 230€. Interlog will secure you a room at the “cité universitaire” (see Housing and Meals). Our office will send you your access code one month prior to the deadline.
To bring with you at the first meeting (mandatory):
Upon arrival, you will have to provide:
- 1 copy of your passport;
- 1 copy of your visa (with the stamp of the day of arrival);
- 2 ID pictures at least. You will be asked for more ID pictures for the dorms and the IEFE;
- The OFII form, if you were given one by the Embassy. You have to fill in your part.
The documents the list of which has been given above will be used for:
- Registration at UPVM and health insurance: When you arrive, you have to register with us at the university. French law requires all students staying in France to be covered by the French Social Security, the national health system, so as to ensure medical coverage. The students must enroll in the French “Sécurité Sociale” as well as the “Vie étudiante”.
- Visa OFII: Because of new visa regulations, it is no longer necessary to obtain the “carte de séjour / residency permit”. For more information about documents needed, please consult this link: http://www.consulfrance-chicago.org/spip.php?article675.
- Bank: once you arrive in Montpellier, it will be mandatory for you to open a French bank account with our partner LCL bank. The bank account will provide you with a housing insurance for 5€ per month. The insurance is mandatory when living in an apartment, at the dorms or in a home stay. We will help you open your bank account during orientation.
NEVER GIVE AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE DOCUMENTS. MAKE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE REQUIRED BY THE CONSULATE.
Fall semester arrival
- You have to be in Montpellier on August 29 2016. No pick up is organized but we need to have the details of your arrival in Montpellier. Please send the “Arrival document in Montpellier” which will contain all your arrival details (airport or train station, company, provenance and flight number, precise time) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1.
Spring semester arrival
- You have to be in Montpellier in January 16 2017. No pick up is organized but we need to have the details of your arrival in Montpellier. Please send the “Arrival document in Montpellier” which will contain all your arrival details (airport or train station, company, provenance and flight number, precise time) as soon as possible to email@example.com by December 1. If you think you will be, or may be, interested in taking integrated classes or Cours RI, please conform to the ISEP-Exchange calendar.
Download Document d’arrivée à Montpellier
Fall semester Orientation
- Administrative and academic orientation + opening of the French bank account: September 1 2016, 10 am – Building L (Bât. Administratif “Les Guilhems”) room 203A
- French placement tests (written test): August 31 2016, 1 pm – IEFE room 101
- French placement tests (oral test): August 31 2016, 3 pm – IEFE room 108 and 109
ATTENTION: All students will be required to go to the special individual sessions for choosing / finalizing the choice of courses.
You will be told what slot will be yours when you are in Montpellier.
Spring semester Orientation
- Administrative and academic meeting: January 18 2017, 10 am, Building L (Bât. Administratif “Les Guilhems”) room 203A
- French placement tests (written test): January 17 2017, 1:00 pm to 2:30pm (IEFE room 101)
- French placement tests (oral test): January 17 2017, 3:00 pm (IEFE room 109)
ISEP Direct students will be lodged in dorms at the Cité Universitaire Vert Bois next to the Campus. Your room will be a “studio” which includes a single bed, a shower, a toilet, a small refrigerator and a kitchenette.
Interlog: there will be a special online procedure at this address: http://www.interlogcrous.fr/.
We will let you know about it in due time. You will have to pay particular attention so that you complete the whole registration process on Interlog (both for the semester and for the year student). You will be given a code so that you can register for a room.
Meals in the dorms
As for the meals, you can either do your own cooking in your studio or eat in one of the “Restaurants Universitaires” (about 3€ per meal). In the dorms, please note that pots and pans are not provided.