Please consult this page regularly for updates
Your application first needs to be approved by your home university. You then need to complete the following procedures.
1) Application Form: once your application has been approved by your home university, the Application Form has to be emailed to us by your coordinator by April 15 for the Fall semester and Full year, by October 1 for the Spring semester.
*The Application Form has to include the provisional course request list for regular university courses with the codes of these courses.
Handwritten Application Form will be rejected. Please fill in the Word document directly.
2) Moveonline: you have to fill in the Moveonline registration by April 15 for the Fall semester and Full year, by October 1 for the Spring semester. This will complete your application and generate your acceptance letter.
NO NEED TO PRINT, SIGN AND STAMP THE FORM
4) Interlog: Interlog is the housing registration process that you have to complete by June 15 for the Fall semester and Full year, by December 1 for the Spring semester. This procedure is complete when you have paid, online, a safety deposit (caution) of about 230€. Interlog will secure you a room at the cite universitaire (see Housing and Meals).
3) To be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15 for the Fall semester and Full year, by November 1 for the Spring semester. These required documents have to be sent all in one go. The best solution is to send them along with the Application Form.
3a) The safety deposit reimbursement form, filled in by your bank in your home country, except for the box in grey to be left blank.
Handwritten safety deposit reimbursement form will be rejected. Please fill in the Word document directly.
3b) The W9 Form is a document asked by the US government for the opening of your French bank account. Use this form only if you are a US person (including a resident alien) to provide your correct TIN. It is mandatory for the pre-opening of the French bank account.
3c) A copy of your valid passport.
To bring with you at the first meeting (mandatory):
Upon arrival, you will have to provide:
- 1 copy of your passport;
- 1 copy of your visa (with the stamp of the day of arrival);
- 2 ID pictures at least. You will be asked for ID pictures if you stay in the dorms, etc;
- The OFII form, if you were given one by the Embassy. You have to fill in your part.
The documents the list of which has been given above will be used for:
- Registration at UPVM and health insurance: When you arrive, you have to register with us at the university. French law requires all students staying in France to be covered by the French Social Security, the national health system, so as to ensure medical coverage. The students must enroll in the French “Sécurité Sociale” (213€ for 2014-15) as well as the “Vie étudiante” (5€10 for 2014-15). It cannot be paid in cash (payment instructions are provided during orientation). It MUST be carried out during registration.
- Visa OFII: Because of new visa regulations, it is no longer necessary to obtain the “carte de séjour” / residency permit. For more information about documents needed, please consult this link: http://www.consulfrance-chicago.org/spip.php?article675.
- Bank: once you arrive in Montpellier, it will be mandatory for you to open a French bank account with our partner LCL bank. The bank account will provide you with a housing insurance for 5€ per month. The insurance is mandatory when living in an apartment, at the dorms or in a home stay. We will help you open your bank account during orientation.
NEVER GIVE AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE DOCUMENTS. MAKE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE REQUIRED BY THE CONSULATE.
September 14 2015 to December 19 2015
Fall holidays: October 26 2015 to November 1st 2015
Exams for smaller departments: December 14 2015 to December 19 2015
Exams for larger departments: January 4 2016 to January 9 2016
Retake session: February 29 2016 March 9 2016
Winter holidays: December 19 2015 to January 10 2016
(if you do not have exams in larger departments)
January 11 2016 to May 4 2016
February holidays: February 22 2016 to February 26 2016
Easter holidays: April 25 2016 to May 1 2016
Exams for smaller departments: April 20 to April 22 2016 and May 2 to May 4 2016
Exams for larger departments: May 9 to May 14 2016
Retake session: June 3 2016 to June 11 2016
Fall Semester arrival
- You have to be in Montpellier on September 4 2015. No pick up is organized but we need to have the details of your arrival in Montpellier. Please send the “Arrival document in Montpellier” which will contain all your arrival details (airport or train station, company, provenance and flight number, precise time) as soon as possible to email@example.com by July 1.
Spring Semester arrival
You have to arrive in Montpellier January 4 2016 at the latest. No pick up is organized but we need to have the details of your arrival in Montpellier. Please send the “Arrival document in Montpellier” which will contain all your arrival details (airport or train station, company, provenance and flight number, precise time) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
Fall semester Orientation
- Administrative and academic orientation: September 7, 2015, 9.30 am, room B309
- Opening of the French bank account: September 7, 2015, 2 pm, room B309
ATTENTION: All students will be required to go to the special individual sessions for choosing / finalizing the choice of courses.
You will be told what slot will be yours when you are in Montpellier.
Spring semester Orientation
- Administrative meeting: between January 4 and January 8 2016 (time and room TBA) (opening of a French bank account, among other things);
- Academic meeting: between January 4 and January 8 2016 (time and room TBA);
- Sessions to finalize the choice of courses: between January 4 and January 8 2016 (time and room TBA).
To choose your classes at the university (“Integrated classes”), go to: “Etudier à Montpellier” > “Formations de l’UPV”. You can also go to “Miscellaneous and FAQ”.
* You must indicate on your Application form if you intend to live in a dorm, or find a flat share or a homestay;
*Any late withdrawals will be charged a penalty of 100€.
There are various options available as far as accommodation is concerned:
- Dorms: around 230€ /month with a security deposit of the same amount;
- *Private apartment: approximately 400€ (your responsibility);
- **Full Family Homestay: around 650€, breakfast and dinner included;
- **Boarding family: between 350€ and 450€ (no meals included);
*Please note however that accommodation has become challenging in Montpellier and finding housing remains your responsibility.
**We can help you with finding a family through our contacts.
Interlog : For the ones among you who request a dorm there will be a special online procedure at this address: http://www.interlogcrous.fr/.
We will let you know about it in due time. You will have to pay particular attention so that you complete the whole registration process on Interlog (both for the semester and for the year student). You will be given a code so that you can register for a room. Document C
Meals in the dorms
As for the meals, you can either do your own cooking or eat in one of the “Restaurants Universitaires” (about 3€ per meal). In the dorms, please note that pots and pans are not provided. Kitchen is shared.